Monday, August 16, 2010

A Legalist Responds To The Gospel

I couldn't resist posting this video. Well, I could have, but I didn't really want to--it's too good.

Sadly, it portrays how some long-deceived people respond to the gospel of God's incredible grace to us in Christ. They'd rather stay fenced-in by rules of behavior and how one can appease an ever-watching and measuring God by doing the just-right thing, rather than accept the love and freedom and favor that "Christ in you" brings. Their relationship with God can be measured by how they're doing, rather than by how they're enjoying what He has done and is doing for them.

Like the self-righteous elder brother of the prodigal, love is missing but they're too busy to notice.

"I'm staying where I am. The penned-in life is safest and I've just about got it together with God. So take your gospel of grace and get outta here!"

I think you'll enjoy it.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:01 PM

    O.o I don't think the goat likes him...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:00 PM

    I love this! Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete