Wednesday, March 27, 2013

What To Do?

"Suppose for a moment that in a flash of insight you discovered that all your motives for ministry were essentially ego-centric, or suppose that last night you got drunk and committed adultery, or suppose that you failed to respond to a cry for help and the person committed suicide. What would you do?"

"Would guilt, self-condemnation, and self-hatred consume you, or would you jump into the water and swim a hundred yards at breakneck speed toward Jesus? Haunted by feelings of unworthiness, would you allow the darkness to overcome you, or would you let Jesus be who he is—a Savior of boundless compassion and infinite patience, a Lover who keeps no score of wrongs?"

~Brennan Manning

2 comments:

  1. Today, I did both. Wallowed a bit in the strongholds of self-hatred and cynical despair...and then the Holy Spirit reminded me it is a throne of GRACE I am invited to boldly run to! Hooray! GOOD News!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can relate especially in my ministry. Sometimes when I play guitar, there are times a bad motivation that existing in me and I know that God would not please. But then the holy spirit reminds me of it and I pray to God to forgive me.

    Contemporary

    ReplyDelete