Wednesday, February 05, 2014

God's 24/7 Menu

Could you imagine the Holy Spirit ever getting tired of His constant ministry of giving and producing righteousness?  By now you know about His 24 hour menu of serving you with right thinking, right loving, right longing, and right behavior—just like Christ. In fact, it’s all His.  And now it’s yours.  The Holy Spirit’s serving menu is the best ever. 

2 Corinthians 3:9 If the ministry that brought condemnation was glorious, (and the ministry of the Law was always on, 24/7, around the clock condemnation, in all of its forms, for all who tried to abide by it) how much more glorious is the ministry that brings righteousness!  (24/7, around the clock righteousness, in all of its forms, for all alive in Christ.)  (See 2 Corinthians 3:6-10.  Italics mine.)

So I guessing that your inner alarm would go off if you ever heard in your mind, “I’m sorry, Sue, Ron, Jim, Mary, Ralph. This whole ministry of righteousness is tiring . . . It’s wearing on me, you know?  I need a break, so I’m going to instead condemn you for a while.  Maybe just a day or two . . . We’ll see how it goes.”  That wouldn’t fool you, would it?  You wouldn’t listen, no matter where it came from, or from whom it came.  You wouldn’t, right?

Good.  I didn’t think so.

(This is a transcript of yesterday’s video, “God’s 24/7 Menu,” and is for those who might rather read than watch.  To see the video, click http://youtu.be/CVFToqXAaNs.)

5 comments:

  1. Good stuff as always, bro! Thanks for staying true to the true gospel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh. I sure appreciate you, Chris. Sometimes I think I'm a big lightweight, but I can only give what I've been given. And thank you for telling me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too am so glad the Holy Spirit is not like that. we would really be in trouble. He is ALWAYS for us, constantly reminding us of our righteousness. the day the Holy Spirit takes a break, is the day I'm going to hibernate! :) thanks Ralph, for the reminder!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well said, woman! I don't think you'll be "hibernating" anytime soon. And thank you.

      Delete
    2. I just now realized I said a ryme! :) ha!

      Delete