Friday, September 01, 2017

God's Favorite Event Today

One of my favorite events is God’s unveiling of me to me. He unclutters my thinking; He detoxes my mind, particularly regarding how He and I are doing together. When that happens, I’m amazed by God . . . and a lot happier, actually.

If that seems selfish, bear with me. Oftentimes the pressures and strategies of this world result in a virtual blindness of ourselves to ourselves. This is not pleasing to God, who has made an incredible change to us through Jesus’ cross and resurrection. He wants everyone to know—especially you. To the extent that we remain unseeing and unconvinced is the degree to which we are hindered in our love affair with God and in our approach to people. What’s the cure? A proper view of His mercy and grace that pulls the cloak off of our minds, revealing the transformation.

What’s God’s favorite event of the day? It might be revealing you to you. He’s rather pleased with His work.

No comments:

Post a Comment