Sunday, October 05, 2008

Update

Today was not the best of days for my father.

The pneumonia is unchanged, his white blood cell count increased, his kidneys are not performing properly, and he has had some trouble breathing. He is miserable, to say the least.

The Spirit today took me back to something He told me twenty-five years ago. At that time I was newly impressed with how God knows all of my days before any came to be--no need to worry at all. I was super concerned for my dad's salvation back then, and one day when I was particularly strong in conveying my worry about dad, the Spirit said, "As I have known all of your days before any came to be, so I know all of your dads' days." I was instantly relieved--even a little delighted--and my dad received Jesus some ten years later.

I love God, and I love that He is capably sovereign.

The moment I began to pray for my father this evening, the Spirit took me back to that day with great clarity. And then He told me that He was now giving my dad an acute longing to be with Him, where his body is no longer frail, where peace and joy unfathomable abound, and where he will be with perfect love and mercy and understanding forever and ever--with God face to face.

How wonderful.

Thank you for the assist of your prayers.

-Ralph

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:41 AM

    Ralph,

    My prayers are with you this morning for your father, and for you.

    "Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord..."

    Best,
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your kindness in posting here, as well as for your prayers and encouragement.

    -Ralph

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:28 AM

    Dear Ralph, I am praying for you and your dad. The kindness of God for your father and also for you in telling you, is overwhelming.
    He is always kind and good and just.
    You are safe in His arms.

    Blessings,
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:05 AM

    Ralph, thank you for your blogs.
    We've been reading them everyday.
    We love what God is doing in and through you ....... We benifit, as well, don't you know.
    With all we know and are renewed by daily (God certainly knows how to call us to a meeting with Him), we are always encouraged by Him.
    Thanks, again, for keeping us informed about your dad and I (debbie) gained such insight and was touched so deeply by your "Fog and Sunlight" blog.
    We love you,
    Deb & Al

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:32 PM

    Thank you Holy Spirit for the great hope that you have given Ralph. Please continue to reveal that to him, his father and the entire family.

    Thank you Ralph for sharing your heart and what is going on in your life with all of us. It encourages me tremendously in my daily life in this world.

    I love you and your family!
    janet

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am deeply thankful to you all.

    -Ralph

    ReplyDelete