Wednesday, February 11, 2009

There Are Times. . .

. . .when certain scriptures leap up in my heart in recognition and need. Here's one of them for today:

Since then you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. For you died, and your life is now hidden with with Christ in God. When Christ, who is your life, appears, then you also will appear with Him in glory.
Colossians 3:1-4

Magnificent!

We've actually been raised with Christ through His resurrection, and, because that's true, we can only see what's real from that position. We're now in Christ--there's no gettin' out of Him--and He is our life.

Man!

1 comment:

  1. I recall memorizing that whole chapter in my late teens - almost twenty years ago. The sad thing is that it has meant zero to me until this last year.

    But now that my eyes are finally willing to see...Man!

    Still there is much to chew on. For example, I am not sure what he means by "appears". Where will he appear. On earth? In our hearts? In heaven? I realize the thrust of the verse is WHEN, but I was just wondering.

    ReplyDelete