Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Got My Back?


Just now I am leaving for an isolated mountain cabin, there to spend a week alone with God. I did this five years ago and got the beginnings of a book out of it (Better Off Than You Think), so I am humbled and excited to be doing it again.

I am grateful to my wife and daughters for their enthusiastic approval of my trip, and ask that you would pray for them. It's not uncommon that when I am away, the adversary increases his attempts on each of us.

Finally, tomorrow's post is notably challenging and controversial. Moments ago someone commented after reading it on my Facebook page: "Interesting . . . but this sounds contradictory." For many readers, it will. Another friend wrote, "I like this. This is something that not only couples that are already married need to consider, but couples who are in a long-term relationship or couples that are engaged should really focus on before entering into marriage!"

It may not be what you're used to, but it is Biblical. It has long been a concern of mine that, in the honorable desire to have a good marriage, we have not given Christ in us an opportunity, but have looked to something else. That something else has transfixed us and drawn us away from Him who is our love and life. And made a mess of things.

I think you'll benefit, and I welcome your comments.

And thanks for your love and care,

- Ralph

1 comment:

  1. I am with you...I love challenging and controversial BIBLICAL stuff...

    ReplyDelete