Thursday, November 15, 2012

The End Is Near!

Today's sermon:

“The End Is Near!” – While people are anxiously predicting the demise of the world as we know it, Christians are being moved confidently by the Spirit, who knows all about the beginning and the end. (Romans 8:5-6; Revelation 22:13; Isaiah 46:9-11)

Romans 8:5 Those who live according to the flesh have their minds set on what the flesh desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires. 6 The mind governed by the flesh is death, but the mind governed by the Spirit is life and peace.

Revelation 22:13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

Isaiah 46:9 Remember the former things, those of long ago; I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like me. 10 I make known the end from the beginning, from ancient times, what is still to come. I say: My purpose will stand, and I will do all that I please. 11 From the east I summon a bird of prey; from a far-off land, a man to fulfill my purpose. What I have said, that will I bring about; what I have planned, that will I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment