Saturday, April 18, 2009

Gotta See This

My wife and I went to the Steven Curtis Chapman/Michael W. Smith concert in Colorado Springs last Tuesday night. It was wonderful.

Chapman's current hit song on Christian radio is "Cinderella," a ballad about precious times spent together by father and daughter. It was inspired by a real family moment, one that now holds more meaning than ever for the Chapmans, who lost their youngest daughter through a terrible accident.

"I was trying to give my little girls a bath and rushing and hurrying through it," Chapman told The Press in an interview last fall. "And I got convicted over how much I rush through moments trying to get to the next one, and God telling me to stop and take the moments as he gives then, and see what he's trying to teach me."

No comments:

Post a Comment