Friday, February 17, 2012

Dufus

After navigating the traffic torrent at my daughters’ school this morning, I wonder why an automaker has yet to name a car "Dufus." Think how many would be purchased and given as gifts. I think the GPS voice should come with an aristocratic English accent. Direction and scorn sounds so much better coming from the stuffy and well educated. "Why did you fail to turn left, you ignorant Dufus? Now I must recalculate the proper route. Paying perfect attention henceforth would be a capital idea."

12 comments:

  1. Bryan Sullivan9:12 AM

    Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pam Burrell Kilpatrick9:16 AM

    BRILLIANT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pam Burrell Kilpatrick9:16 AM

    I have to go warm up my old Dufus.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And what if the sound of car horn was, "Please pardon me"? The longer the driver leaned on the horn, the longer it would repeat: "Please pardon me." "Please pardon me."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Win Jackson Houwen9:26 AM

    Garmin gps has John Cleese's voice as one of the options and it is hysterical.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bryan Sullivan9:35 AM

    I think Garmin also has Star Wars voice options: Darth Vader, Yoda and C3PO. 'Ahead, turn left, you must, hmmm?'

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maybe it could be programed by the gift-giver, i.e., the parent. If more than one passenger attempted to get a ride, the voice could say, "Not a chance, Dufus. Get your backside outta here."

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chris Kimmell10:17 AM

    HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anita Neal McHale10:17 AM

    My GPS in my phone once told me to whip an Ueee stupid you missed the street.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bryan Sullivan10:18 AM

    Anita's phone is the Droid Attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anita Neal McHale10:18 AM

    Bryan, what was sad..was I listen and a cop nailed me...and what was even worse the GPS was wrong. So I must have been stupid!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Droid Stupid?! Whoa. The cell phone that makes you dense.

    ReplyDelete