Thursday, August 29, 2013

A Little 'Out There'

Standing in line at the post office in order to fulfill a book order, a woman asked, "What's your book about?" "It's called, 'God's Astounding Opinion of You" I said. She replied, "Well, that sounds very positive and uplifting." I replied, "And shouldn't it be? God thinks He put us in pretty good shape when He took all of our sins and gave us a great record with Himself in place of that. We're good with God because of Jesus," I said, "and He wants everyone to know. That's what my book is about." She looked away, smiled and said, "Well, that sounds good, and, um, a little 'out there.'" She gave in to a distraction, and that was the end of our conversation.

I never know how people will respond to the good news in light of where they've been with the gospel before. Do they really know how good it is? And, frankly, she was right--it truly is a little "out there."

No comments:

Post a Comment