Saturday, August 31, 2013

Jesus Is Everything - Guaranteed

I love the man who wrote this (Murray Scott), and I think you'll like this. I sure do.

We have a wonderful Savior and He calls us into fellowship with Him. I cannot speak for anyone else, but there have been many times for me when He seemed particularly close and the intimacy level between us was more apparent than usual. I have never been left unchanged after times like that. Most times, it was a change in my thinking for the better, but I have often found a change in my body after having fellowship time with Him.

There are two types of teaching I find abhorrent. One is that healing is guaranteed and the other is that it's not. Both put the focus in the wrong place. Our focus is to be on Christ always and He is a healer, He is our healer. Whatever arises from our fellowship with Him is perfect and more than enough to meet our needs and brings some sort of healing into our experience. I cannot tell you exactly what that looks like in every case, but I can tell you that He makes things better simply by his presence. I don't think He has any problem at all healing our bodies, but again, it's probably not wise to make that a focus. He is our focus. He is our everything.

Those who say healing isn't guaranteed have Scripture to cite on their side and those who say it is do also. I think I've retired from playing 'dueling Scriptures' with people. It seems a fools errand to me.

Jesus said, "You search the Scriptures, for in them you think you have eternal life; and these are they which testify of Me. But you are not willing to come to Me that you may have life. (John 5:39-40)

We will not receive a satisfactory and conclusive answer from the Scriptures about healing and I think this is on purpose, but we will be satisfied when we come to Him to have life. I do not believe that this is to be a one time thing, but something we do again and again and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment