Monday, April 19, 2010

Quote of the Day


As I have noted in the right column, I am currently reading "So You Don't Want To Go To Church Anymore," by Coleman and Jacobsen. I am enjoying it very much.

I will regularly post some quotes so you can get a feel for what the authors are saying.

John, a mysterious yet godly man in the book, is speaking to the main figure in the story, Jake. "Your struggle stems from the call of God's Spirit to your own. Ask him to forgive you for substituting anything for the power of his love and invite him to show you how your diligent efforts at good works for him may be obscuring His love for you. Let God do the rest. He will draw you to himself."

How's that sound to you?

3 comments:

  1. Cassandra Sheldon3:16 PM

    Ralph, at the suggestion of Bruce Hogarth, I read that book last year. I do believe it is one of my top favorites, along with Better Off, of course!!! Looking forward to your comments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jim Jacobson3:16 PM

    It's a great book, Ralph, you'll enjoy it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mike Roncaglia3:19 PM

    Ralph, that is one of my favorites as well! As much as it talks about church, I found it to be a great picture of a person who is walking through the transformation of independent fleshly living into dependent relational spirit living. Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete