Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Quote of the Day


"This is no distant God who sent his son with a list of rules to follow or rituals to practice. His mission was to invite us into his love--into a relationship with his Father that he described as friendship. But what do we do? We are so quickly captured by a work-driven religious culture that thrives on guilt, conformity, and manipulation that it devours the very love it seeks to sustain."

(I am currently reading "So You Don't Want To Go To Church Anymore," by Coleman and Jacobsen. I am enjoying it very much, and I'll regularly post some quotes from it so you can get a feel for what the authors are saying. And so you can decide whether or not you want to pick it up.)

1 comment:

  1. I am going to go see if I can find this book. The title is intriguing. Thanks. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete