Saturday, June 21, 2008

A Clean-Up Day

Yesterday was a clean-up day for me.

Amidst the confusion of the day (Do we need a new vacuum cleaner? Which one? How much? How much longer will our car keep working? What should we do for summer?), a call came from my brother in San Diego:

“Mom and dad have together fallen down the stairs at home. Dad seems relatively okay, but mom’s injuries are severe. She is not expected to live.”

And just like that, I was liberated from the incessant and intoxicating drumbeat of this world.

What remains is what’s really true: God is at all times working in the invisible realm, and He is best found by looking there.

"So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." (2 Cor 4:18)

Even now He is working out everything according to the purpose of His plan. Not one thing is missing, not one thing has He failed to do--and not in anything will He fail, particularly regarding my parents.

Today I am trusting Him and sowing to the Spirit in an uncommon way, and because He lives in me, I am reaping eternal life—exactly as He promised. He knows exactly what’s happening and, because He also lives in my mom and dad, He is keeping me to faith in Him about them.

I would appreciate your prayers.

-Ralph

No comments:

Post a Comment