Saturday, January 19, 2013

Life In The Storm

As long as I believe that I’m doing well when I’m tranquil, fulfilled and happy, but not well when I’m experiencing fear, frustration and sorrow, I’ll search and struggle for my identity in “how life is going” and in “how I’m doing,” rather than in who lives in me and how He enjoys riding and working in a good storm now and then—particularly mine.

But when I realize that I’ve been born spirit and am secure in Jesus, who lives in me, with all of His ability and grace and love, then storms may rage but my attention and source are elsewhere.

2 Corinthians 4:7-12
But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body. For we who are alive are always being given over to death for Jesus’ sake, so that his life may be revealed in our mortal body. So then, death is at work in us, but life is at work in you.

1 comment:

  1. Yes! It's not about how I'm "doing" but Who He is in the midst of ME! :-) Zephaniah 3:17. Again, this is all "new" to me, so I keep having to read & re-read & meditate, as it's not sinking in quite yet, but I know it's still true, no matter how I "feel" right now!

    ReplyDelete