Sunday, January 13, 2013

Things I Forget

File this under, “Things I forget about God.”

Too often I find myself fighting with myself. Do you know what I mean? I should be less engrossed in the things of this world, more involved with my girls, work harder, pray more with my wife, be nicer, more loving, less critical, and so on. Do you have one of those lists too? I went to bed with mine last night.

Early this morning I heard the Spirit say, “Stop wrestling with yourself, and live by faith.”

Doh!

God is not focused on how I’m struggling with the me that needs to be struggled with—He’s looking at the me that lives by faith in Him. He knows that’s how I live and live best. Does that make sense? I don't think I'm saying it very well. I love knowing God in me. And what a laugh that is! What a place to build a house, God! And I love knowing that He has given me perfect righteousness and holiness, and made me blameless with Him, even seating me in heavenly places already. Me! Heavenly Ralph.

Whenever I am reminded of the truth that my life is lived by faith in the gift that Jesus is to me, He drives out the Ralph who needs a good wrestling by bringing forth the Ralph for whom wrestling is at an end. Peace, joy and rest are then obvious in me, and all I want to do is praise God. . .and run through the day enjoying Him in front of others. Whatever comes of that run through the day in the midst of work and errands and more is how the day goes. I am so pleased with God that what usually comes from me is a delight to Him. I just know it.

And that’s how it goes. God has vested His own reputation by giving us everything with Him. When we find our joy and hope in Him, in how crazy-good He is, we prove His grace to us is as good as He says it is. Everybody gets a good “Hooray!” out of that.

He is amazing, and I like discovering how amazing He is with me and with you. That always works out in me praising “…his glorious grace, which he has freely given us in the One He loves.” (Ephesians 1:6)

No comments:

Post a Comment